The Max Miller Appreciation Society has a growing collection of Max Miller memorabilia. From time to time the Society is able to display its material.
The first exhibition, curated by the Society, was displayed in the Brighton Museum and Art Gallery. Dora Bryan and Carol Kaye opened it on May 13th. 2003 and it ran until Spring, 2004.
Bardsley’s very generously offered a room to the Society for a display of its memorabilia. The exhibition was opened by Michael Aspel on May 13th. and visited by Ken Dodd on August 2nd. 2009.
Original Theatre Cards (size 16" x 10"): Hippodrome Brighton 1952; Adelphi Slough 1947; Hippodrome Birmingham 1953. Photographs: Max with guitar advertising HMV Records 1933; Max on stage 1934; Max with guitar 1944; Max with coat & scarf.
From bottom left Maisie, former owner holding the Max Miller costume ca. 1940. She was given it by one of the Two Pirates who was a friend of Max.
Max Miller dressing gown generously donated to the Society by Roy Hudd.
Bill Pertwee’s costume, socks, shoes, tie and hat generously given to the Society by Bill’s son. Bill Pertwee wore the costume in his Max Miller act.